Hi

I would like to create little application. I addition to above I have
some questions:

1. What should I use: snd_pcm_start() or snd_pcm_prepare() when I want
to capture from device? What is difference between those functions?

2. If buffer size is 1024 what is correct value of period time? In
some examples period time is equal buffer size/2. What does period
time depends on? What does period  time mean?

3. Can anyone tell me what is a minimal hardware configuration
(snd_pcm_hw_params_t) for capture and playback?

--
regards
Mariusz Bozewicz