Howdy.  I noticed this today browsing the M-Audio site knowledge base:

Linux drivers for M-Audio USB audio devices

*****
Q: Are Linux drivers available for the M-Audio USB audio series?

A: Yes, ALSA drivers are available for the M-Audio USB audio Quattro and USB
audio Duo. Support for the Audiophile USB and MobilePre USB is in
development. Please check our driver download page for links to Forums
offering the drivers. M-Audio doesnât give any warranty or tech support for
these drivers as they are not developed by M-Audio.
*****

Is this actually correct? I thought that the status of this device had been
moved to permanently broken due to the 2.6 kernel's overly strict view of
what a valid USB device.  Is not true?

Cheers

--
---> (culture) http://industrial.org : (label)  http://deterrent.net