Hello,

Am Sonntag, 7. März 2004 18:08 schrieb Rich Drewes:
> Yes, my first message showed the output of lsmod, with all necessary
> modules present (I think).
Oops, I should better read responses... you also told me that in your previous
mail.

> unable to register OSS mixer device 0:0
> unable to register OSS PCM device 0:0
I suppose that's because OSS mixer and PCM support is disabled in the kernel.

> What config is sndstat referring to?
Since it is OSS I suppose it refers to the kernel config.  Does Mandrake
disable OSS mixer and PCM intentionally?

Did you upgrade your ALSA (and/or your kernel), or are you using Mandrake 10?

        Gabriel.