On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> > amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
> > aplay: main:507: audio open error: No such file or directory
> > alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory
>
> You have to run the snddevices script in the alsa-driver package to
> create the device nodes in /dev/snd/.

In my follow-up mail, I mentioned that I manually ran mknod to create the
needed device. I was able to run the mixers, but any changes were not
really done (and no error messages).

I forgot to mention in that second email that after that didn't work, I
retrieved the snddevices.in file from cvs and ran it too.  Even with the
various other new devices, it still behaved the same.

My problems are: only sound through headphones port. And the mixers don't
really change the "External Amplifier Power Down" option. (Run the mixer
again and see it is not changed).

Thank you,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/