Have you checked that the power cable of your soundcard is connected? Also make sure that the input ports are not muted.

I'm using Audigy 2 zx platinum pro under SuSE 9 and it's working almost well enough. The external box seems to be working somehow.. the line in connectors work great, but I still haven't got the midi ports working.

If someone has any idea, why my midi in isn't working, please help.

Anyway, I did nothing special to get to this point with my audigy. Installed SuSE and the newest ALSA driver and libs. Then loaded soundfonts with sfxload to hear some midi.