> Hi again,
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 20:44, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > However, I don't hear any sound! All volume sliders are maximized and
> > unmuted in any mixer application that I've tried (gnome-volume-control,
> > alsamixer). If it matters, the red button just above the 'mute' button
> > on the audigy box is burning, and it doesn't change if I press the
> > 'mute' button on the box or the remote control.
>
> To partially answer my own question, loading the card in Windows (which
> apprently uploads firmware) made it work, and afterwards it now works
> under Linux as well. I'd still appreciate an answer to the below
> question:
>
> > Anyone seen this before? How do I fix this? A bug report in bugzilla
> > mentions to update the firmware. How do I do this?

I am trying to do the same thing.
I have an Audigy 2, and no sound on a new Fedora2 system.

Following your instructions I have loaded Windows2000 in another partition
on the disk, Did the Audigy install by inserting the Audigy CD.

Under Windows I have sound.

Under Linux, nothing, zip, nada.

I have EVERYTING in alsamixer unmutted and the volumes set up to the green/red
boundary.

Any other thoughts ?

Im trying to play a CD with the builtin (gnome) CD player.

Is there something Im missing?
Everyting works beautifully with a Sound Blaster Live on my OTHER machine (sigh)
but this board...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens