Hi,

I'm having trouble sending midi events between my soundcard and my
keyboard (piano, not querty), and I'm thinking that maybe I have a
faulty midi cable or something.  I wondering what is the lowest level
test you can run?  Something like this?...

# amidi -l
Device    Name
hw:1,0    MPU-401 UART MIDI

# amidi -d -p hw:1

... this just sits until I control-C it.  Other utilities like
arecordmidi aren't getting anything either.

I have a via8233 integrated sound card, kernel 2.6.6, which has
alsa-driver 1.0.4rc2.  I think the kernel modules are all loaded
right.  lsmod shows that snd_mpu401, snd_via82xx, and others are
loaded.

Maybe I need to buy some equipment to test if the keyboard is
transmitting anything, and if the cable is good.

Thanks for any advice,

Rob