[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm having trouble sending midi events between my soundcard and my
> keyboard (piano, not querty), and I'm thinking that maybe I have a
> faulty midi cable or something.  I wondering what is the lowest level
> test you can run?  Something like this?...
>
> # amidi -d -p hw:1
>
> ... this just sits until I control-C it.

Did you configure the interrupt to the same value as in the BIOS
setup?

To check if the interface works, connect the MIDI in to MIDI out and
see if you can receive data that is sent to hw:1.

On a gamport connector, you can use a wire to connect pins 12 and 15.

  8             1
\ o o o o o o o o /
 \ o o o o o o o /
 15|     |     9