Russell Hanaghan wrote:

But alas...this is not to be! You can get both cards working in tandem
(of sorts) with the right ".asoundrc" file but they will not stay in
sync. I had 2 identical SBlive 5.1's and prayed constantly and fervently
to the great God of ALSA whom betrothed to us the .asoundrc miracle.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "they will not stay in sync"? Does the recording fail? Are the multiple trackes hopelessly detuned, time stretched? Does this affect short (~3 min) tracks or just long (~30 min) tracks?

I've got three cheap-o SBLive Value cards that are begging me to try
something like this, but I want to know if it's even worth the effort.

-- - David A. Riggs <riggs at csee dot wvu dot edu>