Greetings;

1st card is an ac97 compat nvidia in an nforce2, onboard
2nd card is an SBLive/Audigy 24 bit, aka a snd_ca0106, just installed.
Modules are built and loaded.

Alsa is amixer -v=1.0.4, kernel is 2.6.15.  Install is heavily hacked
FC2 with all updates that apply.

Kmix from kde-3.3.0 doesn't show anything in the input tab screen when
the SBLive is selected.  The output screen is normally populated.

System sounds, such as the splash when there is incoming mail have gone
mute, presumably because they are now being routed to the SBLive which
ATM has no speakers connected.

The intention is to use the onboard ac97 getup for Skype, and the
SBLive/Audigy 24 bitter for everything else.

Where can I find suitable docs to tell me howto do this?

Or is there a gui of sorts to do all this included with alsa-1.0.4 that
I don't know about?

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should append the