On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 12:16 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 07 January 2006 04:39, Lee Revell wrote:
> >On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 04:26 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Greetings;
> >>
> >> 1st card is an ac97 compat nvidia in an nforce2, onboard
> >> 2nd card is an SBLive/Audigy 24 bit, aka a snd_ca0106, just
> >> installed. Modules are built and loaded.
> >>
> >> Alsa is amixer -v=1.0.4, kernel is 2.6.15.  Install is heavily
> >> hacked FC2 with all updates that apply.
> >
> >What version is alsa-lib?  You probably need to upgrade as the CA0106
> >didn't exist when ALSA 1.0.4 was released, and each ALSA driver
> > requires a userspace and kernel component.
>
> According to the dirname in /usr/src/alsa, its 1.0.4.  But according to
> yumi, its 1.0.3-2 or thereabouts, rather jurassic. :)
>
> So went looking to see if there may have been a one piece download of
> later stuff, but that appears to not be available in a packaged tar.bz2
> format.  I found some things which may be daily snapshots of the cvs,
> but the latest of those didn't unpack to something that looked as if it
> had configure scripts in it, certainly not a one step overall builder.

Just do:

cvs co .
./build prep
./build all

etc

Don't bother with checking out alsa-kernel, alsa-driver, etc separately.

Also isn't there an updated alsa-lib package for FC2?  It seems like
they would maintain one in their updates tree.  It's needed to support
newer hardware.

Have you considered upgrading to FC4 which supports your hardware OOTB?

Lee