On Thursday 26. January 2006 21:11, Lee Revell wrote:
> Why, WHY would someone waste a patch by posting it to a dead list?  I've
> never even heard of linux-sound, does anyone read it?  It seems to be
> half spam...
>
> Lee

I asked myself the very same question but found it irrelevant. But because of
that I kept on searching and found this as well. It refeers to the patch.

http://sq5bpm.sp5zcc.waw.pl/v2040.php

There's also a post about installing FreeBSD on FS 2040.

http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/fujitsu.html

His suggestion is to port Azalia from NetBSD. Maybe that's just a xBSD local
thing, I don't know. Don't really know in what way BSD differs in
architecture and directory structure. But it seems to me that NetBSD has HDA
working without any problems.
--

-------
Hafthor Hlynur Valdemarsson