Hi!
  I've just installed SuSE 10.0 on a notebook with a hda-intel soundcard. But
I get no sound. I tried to run the alsa-conf script, but it didn't change
anything. The real problem I get is when I call alsamixer or alsactl store.
  $ alsamixer:
  alsamixer: function snd_mixer_load failed: Invalid argument
  $ alsactl store:
  alsactl: get_control:149: Cannot read control info '2,0,0,Front Playback
Volume,0': Invalid argument
  alsa-driver version is: 1.0.9b, kernel is original SuSE 10:
2.6.13-15.8-default
  And there's is no /etc/asound.state, nor anywhere else in the /etc/
subdirectories.
  Can anyone please help me. What's wrong here?
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide