On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 18:24 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 16:39 -0600, Davide Fossati wrote:
> > I tried with a short (10 ms) wave file. It hangs forever.
> >

> Does anything appear in the output of "dmesg" when you try this?
>
> Lee

No. However, this appears when I disconnect the device, but only if I
tryed to access it (it does not appear if I just turn the device on and
off without doing anything else):

remove_proc_entry: asound/card1 busy, count=1

Here is what happens to the file /proc/asound/card1/stream0 while the
device is hanging:

Roland UA-100 at usb-0000:00:02.0-3, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 0
    Altset = 1
    URBs = 6 [ 4 4 4 4 4 4 ]
    Packet Size = 448
    Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x2c.199a)
  Interface 0
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 4
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ADAPTIVE)
    Rates: 44100 - 44100 (continuous)

Capture:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S16_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 IN (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100 - 44100 (continuous)

If I kill the player program, the playback device goes into "Status:
Stop" again.

Thanks
Davide