Hiram Abiff wrote:
> so, this patch only corrects the names of the mixer channels, it does
> not add the 4th missing channel?

It adds new names for all four mixer controls.  I don't know why the
driver doesn't create the fourth control.

When configuring the alsa-driver package, please add the
--with-debug=detect option.

> also, pardon my ignorance, but can I apply this patch if I am not using
> the CVS version of Alsa?

There haven't been any changes to this file.

> also, when I apply the patch, do I need to recompile all ALSA packets or
> just the driver?

Only the alsa-driver package.

You can just get the new file from:
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/alsa/alsa-kernel/usb/usbmixer_maps.c>