Hello,
I am trying to do some recording with my SoundBlaster Live, using the ALSA emu10k1 module. However, it turns out that I am unable to control recording (capture) and playback volumes of the LineIn independently. When I press space on the "Capture" item in alsamixer and also make sure the LineIn-Signal is captured, I can record the signal, but I also hear it at the same time, even though the LineIn-Playback Volume is muted. All I can do to silently record the signal is to mute the PCM-Playback volume in alsamixer, but then again I cannot hear the track that I have already recorded in ardour (thus, I cannot use the full duplex capabilities of my sound card). Is there any way to turn monitoring of the LineIn signal off while recording it?
Thanks in advance, I appreciate any comments or suggestions,

David