On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 00:28 +0200, Rene Herman wrote:
> I asked around, and it appears that Ubuntu does not yet have a 2.6.16
> kernel available either. Them releasing with 2.6.15 is in fact a bit
> strange but nothing I can do about that.

It's not really strange.  2.6.16 was released March 20th and the Dapper
release was originally scheduled for April 15th.  It was pushed back to
June 1st so bugs could be fixed.  That's not nearly enough time to
regression test a new kernel.

The Ubuntu kernel maintainers do pick up and backport kernel bug fixes
that are important to their users, for example all the HDA intel fixes
between ALSA 1.0.11-rc2 and 1.0.11 are in the Dapper kernel.

I suspect this one simply did not make the cut as so few people have the
hardware.  Of course, they may pick it up if someone sends them a patch.

Are you aware of any showstopper bugs missing from the Dapper kernel
that are fixed in 2.6.16?

Lee