On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:20:28 -0500
"V. Ananda Krishnan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I could get the Vendor ID (074d) and Device ID (3556B).  However,
> still not able to configure.  When I go thru hardware browser on RHEL4.0
> I could test the hardware and the USB audio head phones work.  With an
> audio CD, audio is not channeled to the headphones.  Let me know how to
> configure this hardware on Linux.  Thanks.
>
> V.A. Krishnan

It looks like you have a player/mixer problem.

If I understand correctly,

"
When I go thru hardware browser on RHEL4.0 I could test the hardware and the
USB audio head phones work.
"

words mean you do have sound.

So, you have to be more specific regarding CD playback - player application,
intent to play CD using analog CD-Rom ouput (and thus analog audio card
input) or using PCM (digital) CD-ROM output, OSS/ALSA layer, etc.