hi!

i have a laptop with an intel8x0 based audio chip and from time to
time i want to use my usb soundcard. is there a way to unload the
intel8x0 driver and insert the snd-usb-audio instead of it?

my goal is that applications can always use alsa hw:0:0 without
reconfiguration, maybe this could even be automated via hotplug
when (dis)connecting the usb device?

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Konrad Adenauer Allee 43, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de