Lee Revell schrieb:
>> filename:
>> /lib/modules/2.6.18.2-34-default/kernel/sound/soundcore.ko
>
>> make[1]: Entering directory
>> `/home/fritzman/alsa/alsa-driver-1.0.9rc4a/acore'
>
> You are trying to install an ancient ALSA version into a newer kernel.
> This is not supported.
>
> What's wrong with the ALSA version that comes with your kernel?
>
> Lee

Hi Lee,

I do know nearly nothing about these things yet. I only want to get my
Gina24 running under Linux. I'm a Linux beginner.
Until you told me I didn't know that there is ALSA already in my kernel.
I searched the net for a howto to install drivers for my audio card and
found this a little dated howto on the ALSA page.
How do I do it?

Thanx in advance, FRitz