Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:22:19 -0700 (PDT) от Bill Unruh <un...@physics.ubc.ca>:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>

> > Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:58:35 -0700 (PDT) ÿÿÿÿ Bill Unruh
> > <un...@physics.ubc.ca>:
> >> On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> >>

> > [snip]
> >> And you still have not told us why you donot just use the onboard
> >> soundcard.
> >>
> > [snip]
> >> William G. Unruh   |  Canadian Institute for|     Tel: +1(604)822-3273
> >> Physics&Astronomy  |     Advanced Research  |     Fax: +1(604)822-5324
> >> UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     un...@physics.ubc.ca
> >> Canada V6T 1Z1     |      and Gravity       |  www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/
> >>

> > You apparently lack imagination.
>
> Why the hell should I have to guess what you need. You asked for help. You
> need to tell us what kind of help you need. It is not our volunteer job to
> guess what you need.  Send me $50 per word and I will playyour guessing games
> all you want.
>

> > Here is a number of hints for you:
> >
> > 1) how can you know how many input channels I need ?
>
> By you telling us, which you have still refused to do.
>

>   2)  On this one you even kept the question secret.
>
> > 3) how can you know whether my computer (which is not necessarily a
> > desktop) at has "Line In" input ?
>
> By you telling us which you still refuse to do.
>
> So, again, why do you not tell us what you need and we may be able to make
> suggestions instead of asking us to rate a bunch of fly-by-night el-cheapo
> soundcards.
>
> Note if you need more than two inputs it would be a serious mistake to buy say
> 6 cheap usb soundcards to get 12 inputs. They will all run at different rates,
> and after a minute will all be out of sync with each other.
> If you want a 6 input or 12 input soundcard say so.

I told you what I needed to tell. I know how to deal with different sample
rates and synchronization problems in the application I need such cards for.

Since you don't know how I deal with synchronization problems, it's a serious
mistake to tell I'm making a serious mistake.

The only question I have is whether these cards are supported by ALSA, and so
far you've been useless/distracting regarding the question I have.

--Sergei.