I have never seen that in any of the files I have played. That hints that that
is your input stream, rather than some problem with the soundcard itself,
although I have also never used your sound card.

So to be clear, you recorded onto a .wav file that sound. That .wav file did
not have those transients. You then played that file with aplay, and recorded
the output, starting the input before the file started playing and ending
after it stopped.

If so, that is one strange soundcard.

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     un...@physics.ubc.ca