On Wed, 20 May 2015, chris hermansen wrote:

> Bill and list
>
> On May 20, 2015 05:18, "Bill Vance" <s...@xpresso.seaslug.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > I'm running an MSI 64 bit motherboard, with an intel quad
> > pricessor, kubuntu 12.04, and using the on board sound
> > system.
>
> One thing you might want to try is a more up to date distro on a
> USB stick. Like kubuntu 15.04 for instance.

Why a usb stick?  Is there some way to use the stuff
on the stick without actually running the stick OS?
Otherwise, I see no point as I've allready tried 14.04.
It's like someone made a study of everything I do, and
how I go about it, and then, surgically removed it all
from the distro.  A completely UNsatisfactory experience.

Everything worked fine on the 32 bit version, there's
just a few things on the 64 bit version that are giving
me fits.  I much prefer fixing those, but one can't
know how to do _everything_ with out a little help, here
and there.

Bill