-----Original Message-----
From: "Softball Canada" <newslet...@softball.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:39:13
To: Al's Fastball News<fastb...@pmihrm.com>
subject:Softball Canada Media Release / Communiqué de presse
2012 Men's Development Team Roster - AAU International Tournament
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2011

 Softball Canada Announces 2012 Men's Development Team

 (Ottawa, ON) Softball Canada is pleased to announce the list of players who
have been invited to compete at the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) International
Men's Fast Pitch tournament with the Canadian Men's Development Team. The event
will take place from January 26-29, 2012 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

 At last year's AAU tournament, the Canadian Development Team swept its
round-robin games and kept rolling by winning four playoff games before losing
9-5 in the gold medal game against Chicago/New York.

 The athletes selected to the 2012 Developmental Team are:

 1. Tyson Barkman (Abbotsford, BC)
2. Ryan Boland (St. John's, NL)
3. Jeff Ellsworth (St. Lawrence, PEI)
4. Blair Ezekiel (Harbour Main, NL)
5. Jason Hill (St. John's, NL)
6. Adam Hiller (Elmira, ON)
7. Brandon Horn (Waterloo, ON)
8. Mark Johnson (Glencoe, ON)
9. Derek Mayson (North Vancouver, BC)
10. Brennan Pokoyoway (Saskatoon, SK)
11. Mathieu Roy (Saint-Gervais, QC)
12. Jason Sanford (Durham, NS)
13. Don Scott (Stratford, ON)
14. Jeremy Tracy (Waterville, NB)
15. Ben Wideman (Elmira, ON)
16. Brady Woods (Stonewall, MB)

 Coaching Staff
Head Coach: Don Bates (Saskatoon, SK)
Assistant Coach: Les Howey (Saskatoon, SK)
Assistant Coach: John Stuart (Vancouver, BC)
Assistant Coach: Glenn Boles (St. Catharines, ON)
Athletic Therapist: Adam Davies (Ottawa, ON)

 Jeff Ellsworth and Derek Mayson are veterans of the Men's National Team
program, and helped Canada win a Bronze medal at the 2009 ISF Men's World
Championship in Saskatoon, SK. In addition, Tyson Barkman and Mathieu Roy are
former Junior Men's National Team members, earning a Bronze medal at the 2005
ISF Junior Men's World Championship in Summerside, PEI.

 'This Developmental Team roster features many new faces as we begin our
preparations for the 2012 Pan American Qualifier and the ISF World Championship
to be held in March, 2013' said Harvey Stevenson, Operations Manager for
Softball Canada's National Teams. 'The AAU Tournament will allow our younger
players to experience international softball and how it feels to represent
Canada in a highly competitive event.'

 AAU Tournament - Canadian Development Team Schedule
January 26: Canada vs. Caguas (Puerto Rico) - 3:00pm EST
January 26: Canada vs. Cutro (USA) - 7:00pm EST
January 27: Canada vs. Los Venezolanos (Venezuela) - 3:00pm EST
January 28: Playoff Round
January 29: Playoff Round

 -SC-

 For more information, please contact:

 Gilles LeBlanc
Manager - Marketing and Communications
Softball Canada
(613) 523-3386 ext. 3105
glebl...@softball.ca

If you do not wish to receive this newsletter please click here to unsubscribe.
Si vous ne désirez plus recevoir ce bulletin, click here pour vous désabonner.