Dear Vijay, Jan and all,

Here are some updates regarding the Unified Property and Path Vector drafts.

Upon discussions during our weekly ALTO syncup calls,  have adapted the
Path-Vector (PV) design so as to enable standalone Property queries on
particular ANEs.

Up to now, the PV draft says:  "the scope of an ANE Name is limited to the Path
Vector response."  One reason is that an (ALTO) Client is not necessarily
interested in details on ANEs on a path but only needs to know their existence
and impact on the connection performance.

While ANEs returned by a PV response do not exist beyond this response, some of
them may represent entities that are persistent because it is useful for
Servers and Clients to occasionally query properties without caring about the
path that traverses them. In this case, they have a persistent ID that can be
registered in a property map, together with properties.

When a  Client wants to query such properties on a persistent ANE, it needs 2
informations:
- persistent ID of the ANE,
- Name of the Property map defining properties on this ANE.
These 2 informations are assembled so as to form an entity ID format with the
format specified in the Unified Property (UP) draft and that can be directly
utilized for entity property queries.

The updates to support such a functionality are being integrated in both PV and
UP draft.

Additionally, the UP draft introduces the field of  "defining resource"  in the
specification of entity domains and registrations at the IANA. The "defining
resource" specifies where an entity is being defined and applies to all entity
domains.

We plan to submit an updated version by July 13th  on which we will request a
WGLC.

Thanks,
Sabine