From: alto <alto-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Vijay Gurbani
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 4:59 PM
To: IETF ALTO <alto@ietf.org>
Subject: [alto] Status of alto-unified-props: Not encouraging?

All: The unified-properties draft is now done with its WGLC.  (In fact, it is
well past done.  WGLC ended on Aug 7, 2020 [0].)

I will be shepherding this draft, however, I see a problem with it.

I note that the draft only received one WGLC review , and this was from Danny
[1].  My understanding from list discussion [2] is that Luis was to provide a
second review, but I do not see the second WGLC review.  If I am mistaken,
please let me know and I will apologize profusely.  In the event that there has
not been a second WGLC review ...

If a second review is provided, please be advised that the draft will not move
ahead.  Since other drafts have a dependency on this draft, a lack of movement
of unified-properties implies that progress of dependent drafts stops as well.

I will kindly request Luis to provide a WGLC no later than Oct 09, two weeks
from now.  If other list members want to review the draft in addition to Luis,
please let Jan and me know.  We do need one more quality review for
unified-properties to move ahead.  If a second review is not provided by Oct
09, the chairs will take this as advice that the work is no longer important to
the WG, and the WG will have to decide on the fate of dependent documents.

@Authors: It looks like Danny's comments have not yet been incorporated in a
new revision.  Danny reviewed version -12 and that appears to be the latest
version in the IETF archives.  Please notify the WG on your plans to update the
draft based on Danny's comments.

[0] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/jhPmZR4UKpiIwA_tC2s9b9YZ8Mk/
[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/YVaCXE7IgXOqWpq-17GV-gbiYwo/
[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/b0xwfQUVnYp_o58tJO32MF9p42I/