Hi,

I was hoping to get the TM into a 2.6" diam x 5" long AV bay (the Madcow
one) - however my forward and rear payloads are already pretty crowded with
linen, and I'd rather not have a dangling wire in there that could be
ripped off.

So - How much signal loss if that wire is just curved to fit the AV bay ?
It'll be inside 2 layers of fibreglass, (not CF) obviously?

Has anyone flown with it dangling outside through a static pressure port?

Should I consider some kind of compromise - like 2" of the 7" whip antenna
outside, epoxied in place to the bulkhead, with the bulk of it inside the
bay, connected by an SMA-SMA coax?

Has anyone gotten a good solution for this?

Cheers,
  Winton