Terry <w7...@cableone.net> writes:

> Thanks Keith.   I saw the three suggested frequencies in the setup and
> assumed that was the extent of my choices.   I tried other frequencies
> for the beep tone and you are correct again. The lower the frequency the
> lower the level so the lower pitch didn't really help.   Ended up back
> where I started.   Another reader suggested using a stethoscope.   I can
> borrow one from my daughter and will try that out.   It is hard enough
> to hear the beep tones in my quiet back yard I am concerned that I won't
> be able to hear anything out at our launch facility.

We've done a small amount of investigation looking for a better beeper;
it's a pretty hard problem because we don't have much power
available. Finding something that works better at a lower frequency
would help a lot of people with limited hearing ability; maybe it's time
to look around and see what's available again.

--
-keith