From: "Denise Ives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> claiming there was [no more holding disk space] -
>
> What do you think went wrong?
>
> Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/md/dsk/d20      11560144 1847220 9597323    17%    /dump
>
> Subject: daily AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR November 3, 2000
>

> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   admin1.cor sda9 lev 2 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
>   admin1.cor sda10 lev 1 FAILED [no more holding disk space]

Your amanda.conf file may be specifying a maximum amount of drive space to
use for the holding disk.

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/dumps/amanda"   # where the holding disk is
    use -20 Mb          # how much space can we use on it
                        # a negative value mean:
                        #        use all space except that value
    chunksize 1 Gb      # size of chunk if you want big dump to be
                        # dumped on multiple files on holding disks
                        #  N Kb/Mb/Gb split disks in chunks of size N
                        #  0          split disks in INT_MAX/1024 Kb chunks
                        # -1          same as -INT_MAX/1024 (see below)
                        # -N Kb/Mb/Gb dont split, dump larger
                        #             filesystems directly to tape
                        #             (example: -2 Gb)
    # chunksize 2 Gb
    }

Try, changing the "use" size to a more appropriate valuse for your setup.

Scot