My queries about two of my problems (backing up partial shares in Windows
boxes, and preventing monstrous report emails which include the list of
files of windows boxes backed up) have resulted in the same solution:
install 2.4.2-beta2.

I have some questions:

1. I generally avoid beta products when working with critical projects.
The company's backup is considered critical. Just how risky is this beta?
Worst case scenario: A machine crashes, and I can't restore the data. How
unlikely might this be? Other risk: I spend extra time trying to get it to
work right, but for some reason it's broken, and I have to revert back to
the release version. I'm interested to hear from those using the beta on
it's stability.

2. How do I get it? I ftp'd into ftp.amanda.org/pub/amanda and the latest
there is amanda-2.4.1p1.tar.gz. There is a 'new' subdirectory, but access
is denied.

3. My FreeBSD lets me use the FreeBSD Ports system to install and manage
software applications. By installing the beta, I suppose I must abandon
using ports for this app?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

--- Eric