Josh Huston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We can add it easily into configure.in to include a new configure option
> "--with-bzip2" to enable bzip2 instead of gzip.  If you know how to work
> with autoconf tools and how to modify configure.in then feel free to add it
> in yourself.

Unfortunately, I do not know autoconf/automake.

> I'm currently working on a small project for Amanda and I could add it in
> for you if there are enough interest from everybody else.  Unless J.R.
> Jackson wants to do that himself.  :-)

I'd be pleased to see it added!

Better, I'd like to be able to specify an arbitrary program in the
config file, but hey, that'll do though.

(Maybe I want different compression programs with different configs or
for different filesystems.)

--
John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       www.complete.org
Sr. Software Developer, Progeny Linux Systems, Inc.    www.progenylinux.com