Wow, I think that's it. I made a backup user with "Read-only" permissions on all
of the NT machines. Yay! I'm off to change a bunch of backup user setting on a
bunch of people's NT boxes now.... Thanks!

--- Eric

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Dec  5, 2000, Eric Wadsworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Amanda has now run 4 times on my network. The past three times it
> > has included samba shares for various NT workstations. Why are the
> > incrementals so huge on these?
>
> One of the possible reasons: if the username with which you access the
> SMB server doesn't have permission to change attributes of files, it
> won't be able to remove the `archive' flag, that is used to decide
> whether to include a file in an incremental backup or not.

Eric Wadsworth                        email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Conceptual Systems and Software       http://www.consys.com