Josh Kuperman wrote:

> I still have a problem with amreport. Amreport, would complain that
> there was no print command defined and the dump would fail to
> complete, if and only if I include the path to the PostScript tape
> label in my tapetype definition. Any ideas what that is all about.

Did you install a new lpd/lpr lately? I ran in a similar problem and
found out that the lpd RPM had changed the permissions. Here's the note
I made for this:

If you install a new lpd/lpr, don't forget to set the right permissions!
If you do, then either lpd will have too many of them,
or lpr too few, or both  (so that amreport complains

/usr/bin/lpr: cannot create /var/spool/lpd/midas-lp/.seq

and the AMANDA reports do not get printed!)

chmod 700 /usr/sbin/lpd
chown root.lp /usr/bin/lpr
chmod 6555 /usr/bin/lpr

--