>I put the driver you provided in the proper location:

I don't have a lot of experience with driver installation, so I'm just
doing some guessing here:

  * Did you pick the right driver?  What does "file sst" say?

  * Did you also put sst.conf in /usr/kernel/drv (note that it does
    **not** go in sparcv9)?

  * Did the system already attach the driver at boot:

      modinfo | grep sst

    If so, you may need to rem_drv it before trying another add_drv.

  * Anything about sst in the system logs?  For instance, mine says
    this in /var/adm/messages:

      sst2 at esp0:
      sst2 is /sbus@2,0/dma@1,81000/esp@1,80000/sst@2,0

  * You might set sst_debug to 2 via one of the README methods and
    try again.

>Chris

JJ