From: Chris Herrmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 4:17 PM
To: 'Bradley Glonka'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Disaster Recovery Recipe

You should be able to read it off by catting /dev/st0 or similar; One
question I'd like to add is, is it possible to store the updated indexes on
the tape - I ask because in case of disaster, you'd ideally want to be able
to know that you need tapes 5,6,7 and no others to bring your system back to
it's last backed up state. I haven't looked really hard (and so may be
totally in error), but I think that the indexes are stored underneath each
configuration, and only updated after a backup (which is fair enough). Can
these indexes be written to tape as well, meaning that from the last backup
tape, it should be possible to get amanda to tell you which tapes you
exactly which tapes you need?

Cheers,

Chris