J&oacgr;rgen Knott wrote:

> ...but
> sendmail have some problems to send mails at my mail account so that i have
> changed the domain to medienwerft.de. Sendmail can noiw send mails to my
> account, but noe amanda have a problem.

Welcome to the "simpler"(chic) world of sendmail!

I have solved a similar problem by just putting a "." after the
hostname. Instead of "fileserver" you would then have "fileserver." in
/etc/hosts (you can use "fileserver" as the nickname of "fileserver."
there, in the third column, so that you can still use "fileserver"),
.amandahosts, httpd.conf of Apache and sendmail.cf. But that's good only
for internal networks which are not supposed to have direct access to
the Internet.

> I can´t find the file .amandahost

.amandahosts is in the home directory of your AMANDA user. If the home
directory of the AMANDA user is /var/amanda, then .amandahosts is in
/var/amanda, but if the home directory of the AMANDA user (who,
generally speaking, might be "john") is /home/backup, then .amandahosts
is in /home/backup.

--
Regards

Chris Karakas