Amanda has been backing up the network for a couple of months now, and we
had an NT box crash. I need to restore the contents of it's C drive.

When it was rebuilt yesterday, its name was changed from baboquivari to
cerbat (baboquivari is a pain to spell), so amrecover wouldn't work.
So we scrapped that, and I decided to do it manually.

The level 0 dump is on tape 001, but for some reason there are two lvl
one dumps. (?)

I did this command, and these are the relevant portion of the results:
amadmin DailySet1 find | grep babo

2001-01-09 navajo.hq.consys.com     //baboquivari/c_backup  1
DailySet1-000   36 OK
2001-01-10 navajo.hq.consys.com     //baboquivari/c_backup  0
DailySet1-001   38 OK
2001-01-11 navajo.hq.consys.com     //baboquivari/c_backup  1
DailySet1-002   33 OK
2001-01-12 navajo.hq.consys.com     //baboquivari/c_backup  1
DailySet1-003   35 OK

I copied three files from the tapes 001 002 and 003 to a large hard drive
on my UNIX box (navajo, which also happens to be the amanda host, samba
server, etc).

Here are the files:
navajo.hq.consys.com.__baboquivari_c__backup.20010110.0
navajo.hq.consys.com.__baboquivari_c__backup.20010111.1
navajo.hq.consys.com.__baboquivari_c__backup.20010112.1

Then I tried using the UNIX restore command to rebuild the directory tree
so I can pull the needed files from it. All I can get restore to give me
is this error message:
Tape is not a dump tape

After reading the man page for restore about a dozen times, I think I've
tried every reasonable combination of parameters. It refuses to read these
files from disk. I've read the whole chapter 11 "backups" from the UNIX
System Administrators Handbook also, but still nothing helpful.

So, it must need the files on tape, right? So I tried sticking the tape
001 back in there, which holds the level 0 dump, but it still doesn't
work. Just just tells me that the tape is not a dump tape.

What am I doing wrong??? Any advice is appreciated. My failure to restore
is resulting in fingers beginning to point. :(