Ah, yes, this was the answer. I untarred the lvl 0 dump first, then the
others, assuming they would over-wright the files from the lvl 0 dump. I
guess the only difference between the backed-up directory tree and this
one I just created is that files that any files that were deleted will be
maintained. This is fine, as the user is going to use this directory
tree to get whatever he wants.

Thanks! --- Eric