Hmm,

Favor #1: can the reply to adress on the digests be set to @amanda.org ;)

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 06:34:02AM
-0000)

First off, thanks to all who answered my priorities question. ;)

Second.

I noticed when looking through the logs that the *dumper* performance is
around the  1Kps (or less) on my system ,
whereas the *taper* gets a performance of about 7 Kps.

So apparently it's not the speedn of my tapedrive that's the bottleneck,
but soemthing within amanda.

I have now turned compression off and im hoping this will imporve matters.

Are there any other ways to tweak amanda.conf to improve dumper performance
(I've set the bandwith parameters to large values since it's on local disks
and I've specified local in my disklist.

define interface local {
        comment "a local disk"
            use 40 Mbps
}

define interface le0 {
        comment "100 Mbps ethernet"
     use 4000 kbps
}

Also, from yestersdays digest

>>lsof:
>>We tried to get lsof installed on our solaris box 2 months ago but it
>>failed to run after the install - we got a 32/64 bit error message.

> I assume you then contacted the author (who happens to be my boss) and
> he got it fixed for you, right?  That program runs on bajillions of OS's
> and versions.  It would be truly amazing if it does not work at your site.

I have lsof running on Sol 2.6 7 and 8 and it rules,
now if only your boss would decide to port it to Irix 6.5 .....

One of my biggest frustrations with Irix .. I cannot get lsof to compile
and work on it ;) )

> Message: 22
>    Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:20:44 +1100 (EST)
>    From: Ben Elliston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: HP-DAT.ps

> I want to use this template for labels.  I just tried printing the template
> (through Ghostscript) and get an empty PCL output file.  Is there something
> weird with this PostScript file that I should know about?

yeah,
it's not a full postscript file, but it's part of it (the beginning)
the rest will be attached by amanda when it runs amreport.

Most notably, there is now (showpage) at the end which means it will not
work on all PS devices.

(showpage) is what tells a PS device to actually display what it has built
sofar.

Ghostscript immediately displays (at least in X11 mode) what it gets, hence
the differences.

If you wanna print it, use amreport .

On a related note, I managed to hack some logos in the postscript label
templates (well most of the code is already there).

If anyone is interested Ill see if I can work the hack into a small perl
script ;)

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone +31-10.280.1515
Technical Support Jason Geosystems BV           Fax   +31-10.280.1511

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.