-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mitch Collinsworth
Sent: Wednesday, 24 January 2001 02:14
To: Gerald T. Freymann
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Gerald T. Freymann wrote:

> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   amanda     file://xxx/PAP2 lev 0 STRANGE
>
> And then what follows is a line by line blow of each and every file that
> got backed up.
>
>  How do you make Amanda think these PC shares are no longer "Strange?"

You didn't say what versions of amanda and samba you're using.  I
used to see this with old versions when I had samba configured with
too high a logging level.  It's been so long since I've looked at
this I don't now remember what the correct level is, but this is
where I'd suggest looking first.

-Mitch

P.S.  You have a very catchy name.  Well to me anyhow, since I
have an uncle named Jerry Freyman.  :-)