On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Ben Hyatt wrote:

>amcheck returns the following on my tape server host (atsun01) e450 2.7
>solaris:
>
>(*insecure*)amanda@atsun01:/usr/local/etc/amanda/atlab$ amcheck atlab
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------

I could be smoking something here, but I seem to recall seeing this
(*insecure*) crap on my Solaris 2.6 box here, and my amchecks failed
until I got rid of the (*insecure*) by fixing my hostname lookups
for my own host.

I didn't anyone mention that (*insecure*) flag.  I think Solaris
doesn't like its hostname and it's being pissy about launching
amandad or something.

Then again, I could be thinking of something else completely, too.
It's been months since I touched that box after I got it working.

--
Joi Ellis
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/