* Alexandre Oliva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 12:58:59AM -0200)

>>> I don't understand.  If the CPU usage dropped that much, it implies
>>> the GNU tar might have been done.  Did you do a "ps" to see what was
>>> going on?
>
>> Yeah, the gtar process was the one taking up 70% of the CPU, then after
>> 20 minutes it was only using 0.4%.  It never finished, I just killed it
>> so I could run a manual dump command.

> strace would have told you what it was doing.

> You may want to try tar 1.13.19, that uses a hashtable instead of
> linear searches in file lists (compliments to Jean-Louis Martineau).

Where can I get tar 1.13.19 ?

The latest I can find on pub.gnu.org is 1.13.

        Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O  If your watch is wound, wound to run, it will
 =`\<,  If your time is due, due to come, it will