I'm trying to get my first tape changer working, and I'm a little confused.

It appears that I need to use the chg-zd-mtx scriptm but the version of mtx
that I have is used like this:

mtx -f /dev/sg0 next

for instance. Now it appears to me that chg-zd-mtx just runs mtx like this:

mtx next

That is wihtout the device specifier. Now it is possible for my version of
mtx to use the CHANGER environment variable, instead of the -f  argument,
but I can't see anywhere that gets set in chg-zd-mtx either, and since this
will ultimatley be run fron cron, and thus potentialy be somewhat
"environmently chalenged", I am wondering how this is usually handled?

--
Stan Brown     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.