On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:44:33PM +0100, Johannes Niess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had dumps from two different configurations dumped to the same
> holding disk, but to two directories as usual. Beeing too lazy to sort
> out what date belongs to what configuration, I decided to flush all
> directories.

Why do you use the same directory for both configuration?
You should use different directory.

> I expected Amanda to flush only the directory belonging
> to the configuration given on the command line and leave the other one
> alone for a later flush.

Amanda don't know the config of a holding image.

> But both directories disappeared after the
> first successful flush. I expect my indexes to be messed up now. As
> the weekly tapes now have files from the daily backups, it went wrong
> to the better combination. I can live with these bad entries growing
> out of the indexes, but others might not. What's the remedy for this?

Move your index from your weekly conf to your daily conf.
I'm not sure it will work :-(

> I'd like to see amflush asking "Do you really want to flush different
> config's to the same tape?" in this case. I'm sure there are uses for
> that "feature" the way it is...

Amanda can't do that.

> Both configurations have identical disk lists (No sym links
> etc. involved). I use Amanda 2.4.2 on a Linux system (Suse 7.0).  My
> command line was as usual: "amflush woechentlich"
> (woechentlich=weekly). I could not find a log file of the right date
> or name. Config files are available at request. I'd like not to repeat
> this behavior as my server is in production.
>
> Johannes Nieß

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal