Hi,

I had dumps from two different configurations dumped to the same
holding disk, but to two directories as usual. Beeing too lazy to sort
out what date belongs to what configuration, I decided to flush all
directories. I expected Amanda to flush only the directory belonging
to the configuration given on the command line and leave the other one
alone for a later flush. But both directories disappeared after the
first successful flush. I expect my indexes to be messed up now. As
the weekly tapes now have files from the daily backups, it went wrong
to the better combination. I can live with these bad entries growing
out of the indexes, but others might not. What's the remedy for this?
I'd like to see amflush asking "Do you really want to flush different
config's to the same tape?" in this case. I'm sure there are uses for
that "feature" the way it is...

Both configurations have identical disk lists (No sym links
etc. involved). I use Amanda 2.4.2 on a Linux system (Suse 7.0).  My
command line was as usual: "amflush woechentlich"
(woechentlich=weekly). I could not find a log file of the right date
or name. Config files are available at request. I'd like not to repeat
this behavior as my server is in production.

Johannes Nieß