Am Freitag,  9. März 2001 04:48 schrieben Sie:

Hi!

> And I also said exactly what I thought was wrong, based on what you
> posted.  However what you wrote in that letter is not the same as what

Sorry, this mail didn't come to me!
And some mails are more than once by me.

> you wrote in this one:
> These are better but still not correct.  When you insert tcpd in an
> inetd.conf line, you also need to remove the "argv[0]" arg from the line.

OK.

> So these should be:
> >amandaidx stream tcp nowait amanda /usr/sbin/tcpd
> > /usr/local/libexec/amindexd amidxtape stream tcp nowait amanda
> > /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped amanda dgram udp wait amanda
> > /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/amandad
> Note that the trailing "amindexd", "amidxtaped" and "amandad" are gone.

Yes, i changed the lines so you given me.
OK, that´s fine. Amanda finds the Indexfile.

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2-19991216-beta1. Contacting server on fileserver ...
220 fileserver AMANDA index server (2.4.2-19991216-beta1) ready.
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]] amandahostsauth failed
root@fileserver:/usr/local/sbin >

Hm...in my /home/amanda/.amandahosts are
fileserver.medienwerft.de       amanda
king.medienwerft.de     amanda

In /etc/hosts are
10.0.1.50       fileserver.medienwerft.de       fileserver
127.0.0.1       localhost

Should i make a
fileserver.medienwerft.de  root
king.medienwerft.de         root