Hi there, I'm getting some strange reports in my dump summary:

  pluto      /dev/ida/c0d0p8 lev 0 FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 3]
  pluto      /dev/ida/c0d0p8 lev 0 FAILED [dump to tape failed]

And here is a snippet of dump's output for this device...

|   DUMP: 71.14% done, finished in 2:50
|   DUMP: 72.60% done, finished in 2:40
|   DUMP: 72.94% done, finished in 2:39
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: short read error from /dev/ida/c0d0p8: [block -2007777696]:
count=4096, got=0
?   DUMP:   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
?   DUMP: short read error from /dev/ida/c0d0p8: [block -1451271504]:
count=4096, got=0
?   DUMP:   DUMP: bread: lseek fails
? bread: lseek2 fails!
?   DUMP: short read error from /dev/ida/c0d0p8: [sector -2007777696]:
count=512, got=0

Does anyone know what the dump returned 3 error means and what can
be done about it?

Finally I'm getting the error

  theakston2 /dev/rd/c0d1p1 lev 0 FAILED [Request to theakston2 timed
out.]

Which seems pretty strange seeing as though amcheck was fine about it!
Any ideas?

--
Moneyextra Limited is an independent intermediary regulated by the
Personal