Okay, our backup plan, with major thanks to you guys, and especially John
R. Jackson, is ready to go into daily operation. I _do_ have some "daily
use" questions that I just couldn't get answered in the FAQ, or on "the
chapter".

First, some background... I'm using a 22-tape changer on a linux box, and
using two tapes per run...

Here are some salient amanda.conf entries for the daily:

netusage 25000 Kbps
dumpcycle 2 weeks
runspercycle 10
tapecycle 22 tapes
runtapes 2

----

Now, I run amcheck and amdump in a cron job M-F for 2 weeks. That's 20
tapes with 2 tapes for error. I've labeled all the tapes daily-01 through
daily-22 on the cartridge that's in the tape machine now. Some thoughts,
please correct me if I'm wrong:

- I assume amdump will grab a new tape when it needs it... ie, the first
  dump is on daily-01 and daily-02. I don't manually need to advance to
  daily-03 for tonights dump.
- At the end of the second week, do I swap a new set of 22 tapes in, or
  can I start reusing daily-01? I'm not entirely clear on how this works,
  as it's a little different than anything I've ever used. If I start
  reusing, do I risk losing data?
- I figure I can do archivals like "the chapter" says. Any other pointers?

Thanks for clearing these last few things up...

--
http://www.mchang.org/
http://decss.zoy.org/