* John Palkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 12:08:23PM -0500)
> My amanda backup server runs Debian GNU/linux. I've had it running
> kernel version 2.2.16 for months and it has been working great,
> backing up a small network of ten machines. Kudos to the Amanda team.

> I recently compiled a 2.4.2 kernel for the backup server. If I boot
> this kernel, then one of my clients (coredump) fails consistently to
> backup. The amanda mail report says "FAILED [nak error:amandad
> busy]". All partitions on coredump fail with this error. Further
> investigation shows that the backups for coredump fail in the
> estimation phase. Coredump is also a debian system, kernel
> 2.4.3-pre8. If I revert to kernel version 2.2.16 on the amanda server,
> then coredump backs up with no errors. Obviously I'm staying with
> linux kernel 2.2.16 on the server for now.

> I can provide more detailed information if anyone is interested.

Hmm,
This 2.4 kernel, does this also imply glibc2.2 ?

I have a couple of suse 7.1 boxes (kernel 2.4.X, glibc2.2) and amanda works
fine.
I did however reinstall the cvorrect tar version (1.13.19)
and I use the sendisze hack (see prebious post about large file systems).

So, maybe you need to check if you are using the ciorrect tar version.

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone +31-10.280.1515
Technical Support Jason Geosystems BV           Fax   +31-10.280.1511

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.