Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > Can amanda use who tape devices to perform a single backup?
>
> You can't use them concurrently (yet), but you can set up chg-multi to
> switch between tape drives automatically.  That's what we do here.

Actually, there is a way that you can use them concurrently--You could
split up your dumps into 2 dump configs, one dump config for each drive,
which is what I have done.  However, all of the disks for one system
must be in the same dump config.  You cannot have some disks from a
system in one config, and other disks from that same system in the other
config, or at least it would be extremely difficult to do that.  The
reason for this is that the client will already be busy with the first
dump config, so when the second dump config runs, it will not be able to
connect.

If you run 2 dump configs concurrently, it is also a good idea to have
separate holding disks for each config, or to split the amount of disk
space that each config is allowed to use.  For example, if you have an
18 GB holding disk, only let each config use 9 GB, otherwise disk space
could run out unexpectedly and it might not be handled gracefully by
amanda..  I think technically it should not be a problem, but in my
experience I know that it has caused my backups to fail when both dump
configs were writing to the same disk and used up all of the space.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" ([EMAIL PROTECTED])